We, the app makers who have signed our names to this pledge, value a long term relationship with customers who trust us over selling those same customers out to other companies for short term gains. We know the work that goes into making a magical experience in our apps, and we refuse to ruin our work and our customers' experience by causing people to worry over what is happening to their data. We value a world where our customers are in control of what they put into - and get out of - our apps, and trust us to enable and support that control. Therefore we resolve:
- To be clear about what information our apps need to provide the features we offer.
- To only collect information required to implement our apps' features.
- To allow our customers to opt in to only those features they are comfortable with; never to enable features that enable information-sharing without explicit agreement.
- To allow our customers to review the information we have collected about them, and to delete information about a customer when that person requests it.
- To present in clear language our relationships with other businesses, and the information we share as part of that relationship.
In short, our apps - not our customers - are our products.